6.24.2005

Mr. Freeze: Let me guess, Plant Girl? Vine Lady? Huh? Hand over the diamond Garden Gal, or I'll turn you into mulch!

i remember back in the day when summer was a time for me to laze around and do as much of nothing as i possibly could in between hanging out with dantheman. we've been on our summer schedule for three days now, and i think i've spent more time in my boardshorts than i have regular shorts. nice start to summer in my book. my real kickoff is next week though at palomar camp. i can't even begin to describe how big of a spiritual lift camp is for me every year. i'm bringing a couple of kiddos with me from simi to meet folks down south, and kinda get that spiritual kickoff as well. i know from the past that camp always chenges me for the better, and i would probably scare the kids if i came back w/o having other there to explain what went on. it's kinda like when you see a great snl skit, and you try to explain it to other people, and it never really works unless there's at least one other person who's seen it.
other stuff, there must be a conspiracy against me on the road. i swear i've been stuck behind more people driving ten under the speed limit the past few days. seriously, going 45 on the freeway is more likely to cause a wreck than going 70. also, onramps are for accelerating, not for stopping to gauge traffic. if you're really that concerned about having a gap to get in, wait till 11 pm or so when traffic clears up.
so i've been practicing trying to sing and play guitar at the same time, which is a huge feat for someone who was born tonedef and w/o rythym. mad props to lead singers who play instruments. anyways, the songs i've been learning are: ring of fire by johnny cash, story of my life by social distortion and in a moment of randomness... what's up by 4 non blondes. next on my list is some flock of seagulls and neil diamond.
i'm going to see the new batman movie tonight which has me pretty stoked. here's some of my random thoughts on batman: 1. he is by far my favorite superhero because he has no super powers, just his mind and some cool gadgits to help him out. B. i may be the only person that actually enjoyed the past couple of batman movies. i think they were a great homage to the old show, but i am really glad to see this movie go back to the comic version. 3. my parents paid for a different movie and snuck in to see the original batman move 16 years ago at the urging of one of their friends. i just think that it's pretty cool that's the only crime i can think of my mom ever committing.
speaking of movies, they are releasing a 3 dvd boxed set of the bill and ted's series. it really doesn't matter what's on the third disc, i'm buying it the day it comes out. you should too.
at the rate i'm going the past few weeks, it's going to be a whole year before i finish my cd. don't hold your breath.
well, after a day of painting vbs sets, swimming with the kiddos and going to see batman, i'm going to sleep easy tonight. well, my break in the day is up, just thought i'd check in and say hi to the two of you that read this (or at least respond) whoever else happends to stumble by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One Love, One Heart
Late
r

Anonymous said...

Imagine Thousands Of Links Back To Your Web Site From Other People's Blogs!