2.19.2009

What am I gonna do with 40 subscriptions to Vibe?

Hola Blogworld,

Office.


I love the office I work at now. It's pretty cramped but it makes for some good times. Just like any other place we have our own little quirks. Here are a few of my faves:
At least once a week we have issues with our printers, which automatically qualifies us as an official office space. I have to fight the urge to yell 'PC load letter! what does that mean?' every time we have a hiccup with printing.
The secretary and I are about three feet apart so I typically have my headphones in, which means every time she says something I turn around and almost pull my laptop off of the desk.
Whenever somebody brings food in we all get hungry, but the office always smells good.
Our preacher has his own room, but it is only glass that separates us, so most of the time we are talking to each other through a single pane of glass. If I have anything serious to say I have to walk into his office because there's no way I'm keeping a straight face talking through glass.
At least once a week we start quoting a Mel Brooks movie. By we, I am not including our secretary. She's a saint.
Everything in our office is a shade of tan. The building, the carpet, the bookcases, our desks... everything.
My cheap target bookcase can not stand up on its own, we have to wedge it between another bookcase and a cabinet just to keep it standing.
When the sun is out, crows will fly into the window right in front of my desk. I jump every time.
Our preacher has Napoleon Dynamite stuff on his desk, I have my Goulet autograph. We get along really well.

Creeper.
So a bunch of my stuff is still in storage up in Simi, which is run by my least favorite creeper. When I was setting up the account, I picked up that she was trying to flirt (poorly) and tried to be as nice as possible. Sidenote: complaining about everything is not a good way to get someone's interest. Anyways, I went up there for the first time in a few months to pick up a few things, and when I got there my gate code didn't work. So I walk into the office (with nonickname alongside, I refuse to go in by myself) and ask her why I couldn't get through. She says she isn't sure and then proceeds to look up my account WITHOUT ASKING FOR MY NAME. I asked her if there was a problem with the gate, or if there was something wrong with my account, and she tells me that somehow my access was switched off. Mind you, this is the only person I have ever seen working there. She activates my code, we load up my truck, and on the way out nonickname points out the possibility that creeper probably messed with my code so I would have to come into the office. yikes. no fun at all. oh yeah, she also has access to my address and credit card information, so if you're out there creeper storage lady... let's be friends!

Universal remote.
I recently bought a universal remote for my tv and dvd player. It was a little more complicated to set up than I had anticipated, so I ended up reading the little instruction manual that came with it. Recently our government passed the single largest spending bill without anyone reading through it. Good idea. That's change you can believe in.

And you are...
I was up in l.a. on sunday night crashing at a friends' place in hollywood, and decided to go to the corner pizza place to grab some dinner. I walked in and it was like the scene from swingers where the crew walks in to the party, everyone stops and glances for a second, and then immediately turns their heads back to their really important conversations. I just chuckled and walked up to the only empty seat in the place and ordered a pizza and a pepsi (yes i'm drinking sodas again). Anyways, I'm sitting there at what is essentially the bar chillin waiting for my pizza, when the people around me turn and ask, 'so what have you been in?' not 'where do you work?' or 'where are you from?', but 'what have you been in?' i love that you just have to assume that everyone in l.a. wants to be an actor. and i'm love that i live in san diego.

214
Not always my favorite day, but this year I went to surferchica's birthday party and had a blast dressing up, hitting up a sweet sushi spot, and chillin with some new folks. Not a whole lot to tell there, but it was nice not to have something chill to do on 214.

Evangeline.
I talked with Evangeline Clothing about putting some designs to their shirts and possibly skateboards. It's a great company that's starting to blow up pretty decent. Be sure to check out the new site at evangelineclothing.com, and look for my stuff soon.

Pictures.
I found my box of pictures from back in the day, which look like they are mostly from church camp. If I knew then how much they would mean to me now I would have taken hundreds more.

Mere Christianity.
Is so much better on audiobook when read by someone with an English accent.

Reach for the stars.

A big birthday shout out to my main man Nicolaus Copernicus, who was born this day in 1473. Mr. C was the first guy to figure out that earth was not the center of the universe. He proposed that the sun is the center of the universe, and Galileo and Keplar backed it up a hundred years later. Nowadays we know the universe revolves around Kanye West.

Toilet Talk.

Another birthday shout out to Jeff Daniels, who will always make me laugh with the toilet scene from Dumb and Dumber.

anyways, there's a bunch of big stuff on the horizon that i'll hopefully be able to share with the blogworld soon. until then,

one love, one heart.

No comments: